I’m now on my 5th week of my CSA with Gruber Farm. I’m really enjoying the variety of each box and how fresh the vegetables are. Every box is a new surprise. Sometimes I don’t even wait until I leave my pickup location to look at what’s inside.
Week 5 contents:
- purple potatoes
- yellow squash
- string beans
- kale (not pictured – I donated it to one of the nice gym employees)
I’ve even made mashed purple potatoes with goat cheese!
Time for something new. Check out this recipe from my hero, Martha Stewart. Did I choose to share this recipe with you because it contains Orzo? Yes.
Orzo with Chicken, Corn, and Green Beans
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 pound orzo
- 8 ounces green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 whole roasted chicken, (3 pounds), skin discarded, shredded (about 3 1/2 cups)
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook orzo until al dente, according to package instructions; add green beans during last 6 minutes of cooking. Drain; rinse under cold water until cooled.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium. Add garlic; cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add corn and 1 teaspoon salt; cook until warmed through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Toss pasta and green beans with corn mixture and chicken. Season generously with salt and pepper.
You can make this in about 20 minutes! And when you pick up that box of orzo, I hope you think of me. ;)
I pretty much just asked for a slew of tweets of orzo pictures, didn’t I?
Tonight is the first meeting of the book club I organized last month. I’m so excited to have everyone over to discuss Fifty Shades of Grey. I can just imagine the conversations we’ll have…
What’s your favorite green vegetable?
Are you in a book club? What are you reading right now?