May 20, 2012

The Weekend Recap

Since Grammy arrived, I’ve been spending a lot of time with the fam. On Friday, she, Auntie Kelly, and I had a girls’ evening of dinner and movies. Grammy is a messy eater, and because she piled her burger high with toppings, she felt it was necessary to wear a  bib to eat. No joke.IMAG2447

The woman is nuts and I love her.

On Saturday we went shopping and I picked up 2 pairs of shorts from Banana Republic. Reason #2985725 why I love warm weather: white shorts. I’m not sure what I’ll wear the white & silver pair with yet. Any ideas?DSC_0281 (1024x731)

For lunch, we went to the Centre Pointe Chick-fil-A, my favorite location. The love for Chick-fil-A runs in the family. Look at my cousin going to town on an Oreo parfait!IMAG2464

That evening I met up with my dear Courtney who is visiting from NYC. She made a delicious mostly local, vegan dinner for a few of us. We started with a kale salad with olive oil, lemon juice, chili flakes, garlic, and bread crumbs:IMAG2469

She also filled squash blossoms with tofu ricotta, soft tofu, lemon zest, and fresh basil. They were sprinkled with olive oil and breadcrumbs, then baked. On the side, we had baby red potatoes roasted with rosemary and oregano. All the vegetables were fresh from the Farmer’s Market! Everything was so fresh and healthy, just the way we like it.IMAG2471

Don’t you want Courtney to be your personal chef now? I do!

After dinner, we went to The Royal American for some drinks. A lot of people love this “dive bar.” As a bar hopper who can’t seem to sit still, I don’t like that it’s so far away from everything. But I was in good company!IMG_9942

I told Courtney she makes me want to be a brunette. She told me I make her want to be a blonde. Typical girls. Courtney, it was so good to see you in CHS!! And I think just being around you made my Klout score go up. ;)

On Sunday, I had brunch and a major catch-up session with the lovely Sarah. We went to Carter’s Kitchen in Mt. Pleasant – more on that in another post. I love this girl! IMAG2474

On Sunday afternoon, Courtney, her friend Stephanie, and I finally saw The Hunger Games.

Holy crap, this movie is intense! Though I didn’t care for the book, I enjoyed all 142 minutes of the action-packed movie.

Made any recent clothing purchases? What color top would you wear with those white & silver shorts?

Ever had stuffed squash blossoms? Aside from Saturday, I’ve only ever had them in Italy.