May 27, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend Cookout with Nestle Drumsticks

To celebrate Memorial Day weekend, a few of us friends got together for a cookout. What better way to celebrate a long weekend than a night full of good food and friends.image

Whenever my friends and I have get togethers, I’m almost always in charge of dessert. I like to bring a seasonal cookie or cake, but when I’m short on time, a prepared dessert will do the trick. Rachel’s cookout was a perfect opportunity to share the new Nestlé pretzel dipped drumsticks that were provided to me through Food Buzz.

After devouring chips & dip, hummus, pulled pork, and mac & cheese, it was time for the sweet stuff! Dane was the first to dig into the pretzel dipped drumsticks. They’re pretty big!

imageimage

Each cone is filled with with creamy vanilla ice cream then dipped in a chocolately pretzel crunch coating. Each cone is the perfect mix of sweet and salty.

We also tried Nestlé Lil’ Drums in two flavors: Cookie Dough and Chocolate Fudge Brownie. Both were delicious and only 120 calories a pop.image

I had no idea that Nestlé drumsticks were available in so many different flavors. I’m interested in trying the Vanilla Caramel Crunch and Cookies & Cream. They also make sprinkled drumsticks! This Summer, I’ll definitely be picking up a couple boxes. To share with my friends, that is… Winking smile

"Full disclosure: Nestlé has provided me with free product and other items in order to help with my review, but anything I receive from Nestle does not affect my thoughts on its company or their products."

Are you a fan of Nestlé Drumsticks? Which flavors?

When going to a cookout, what do you typically bring?