Sep 6, 2011

Make Up Less But Not Labor Less Labor Day

That title cannot be grammatically correct.

Just because it was Labor Day did not mean I would skip the gym! I woke up, quickly ate some cereal, and met Amanda at the gym. We both jumped on the elliptical for about 20 minutes and caught up on our weekend. We did some arm and booty workout, and then I jumped on the treadmill for 20 minutes of HIIT. And that was enough labor for the day.

My little brother spent the night w/ me on Sunday, so I let him choose where we’d have lunch. I nearly passed out when he didn’t say “Chick-fil-A,” as he too is obsessed. He opted for Japanese and we invited Mariah along. Initially, we wanted to try Sushi Taro, but it was closed! I guess they believe in Labor Day! Boo! Our next option was Umi, right outside of Park West. Just inside the plaza with Publix, this unassuming restaurant was tiny, but welcoming. Their lunch specials were very fairly priced and were served quickly. All three of us chose the Teriyaki chicken with vegetables and rice, for $8. It wasn’t the best Teriyaki chicken I’ve ever had, but the sauce was a nice citrusy flavor. DSC_0534 (1280x869)

Umi Japanese Restaurant on Urbanspoon

A mandatory stop at both TCBY and Target was next on our agenda. By a pure miracle, I didn’t purchase anything for myself at Target; the mission was solely to purchase an iPod shuffle for my brother’s 15th birthday. Holy crud, my baby brother is getting old! That evening, it was time for a booze cruise with Matt and Tyler.

This photo may alarm you for two reasons: Matt is smiling (!) and I have a naked face. The only logical explanation for this is that Matt was drinking an adult beverage and it was just too darn hot out for makeup. Fall is nowhere in sight.DSC_0552 (1280x853)

We made it just in time for the fireworks from the Riverdogs game.DSC_0548 (1280x853)DSC_0535 (1280x853)

Doesn’t that second picture look like a jellyfish? Someone teach me how to take pictures of fireworks with a DSLR, por favor!

See you tomorrow for a sweeeeeeeeeet review. So sweet my teeth hurt.

Oh, I almost forgot!! The winner of the Thrive Foods book giveaway is:image

Congrats, girlfriend! Send your address to christinaorso @ gmail dot com.