Sep 22, 2011

Wonderful Wednesday

If there is one thing I refuse to do, it’s call Wednesday “Hump Day.” Ew. Why do people say that? It disturbs me. Please tell me someone else out there is bothered by this too.

My Wednesday was wonderful, really! When I got to work, I took one look at my Greek yogurt + bluebs + cereal and pushed it away. (Who am I?!) I went downstairs to the cafeteria and ran into one of the managers I often help out while he was waiting for an omelet. He must be some sort of psychic because he asked me, “Want half of my egg white omelet?” Well yes, yes I do want a free omelet the size of my face. The rest of the work day was quiet; I got a lot of work done yet still managed to gossip gchat with Mariah all day.

After work, I went to the library to pick up a new book. Ever since a friend told me about the Time Magazine’s list of the 100 best English-Language novels, I’ve gotten this crazy idea in my head that I have to read them all. ALL 100 NOVELS. I can do it, right? Hmm. I’ve only read 3 on the whole dang list! At the library, I pulled up the list and randomly selected one:

I thought everyone and their mother read this in high school, but apparently not. Where was I?! Oh, drowning in my Spanish books. Before I start, I will finish the second half of Exes and Ohs, which I started last night. It.is.hilarious. Go get it. I also picked up this random find:

After the library, I met Mariah at her house for a run. We completed a little over 3.5 miles then started dinner. We made the Southwest Meatballs – so good. If you haven’t made this, you live in Crazytown, U.S.A.

So what else is happening…Oh! Last year I ran the Pajama 5k, and knew that it was coming up soon. I went to the website to register and BAM! Our little heads!pjrunsite

That made my day. I just wish that darn rectangle wasn’t on top of Amanda!

Fitness plans for the week:

  • Monday: Body Pump, leisurely bicycle ride downtown Thumbs up
  • Tuesday: 3.5 mile run with Mariah around I’OnThumbs up
  • Wednesday: 3.5 mile run with MariahThumbs up
  • Thursday: Kickboxing with AmandaFingers crossed
  • Tentative weekend workouts: possibly a Body Attack class, but honestly I can see myself being okay with dancing my face off at Trio or running…straight to the bar.Mug

Have you read The Catcher In The Rye? Honestly, I have no idea what that book is even about. Guess I’ll find out.

What is your favorite day of the week and why? Friday! Friday! Friday! I love Sundays too.