Sep 5, 2011

Sunday Funday

In case you missed it, I had quite the blog failure of a weekend. Sunday was a much better day. I slept in later than normal, but woke up just in time to get ready for church. We had a very special speaker today. Tim Scott!

That was a nice surprise. He was quite the animated speaker and it was nice to have a Charleston celebrity in the house. Tim seems like such a great man and I was impressed that he has been with the church for over 14 years.

After church, Matt insisted that we go to See Wee restaurant, an old shack of a place that I had never been to. See Wee is pretty deep in Mt. Pleasant, on the way to Awendaw. It’s right off 17 – you can’t miss it.DSC_0531 (960x640)

The inside of the front room looks a bit like an old convenient store with candy, fresh pies, and glass soda bottles. We ate in the back room where everyone else was and were immediately served fresh hush puppies. Yum. They were piping hot and delicious. If they weren’t just a ball of fried goodness, I would have eaten them all. My arteries were happy sampling one and a half.DSC_0528 (960x640)They serve strictly Southern food, most of which is not healthy. I was relieved to see that grilled chicken and steamed vegetables were an option on a menu full of fried food. Along with my grilled chicken, steamed squash, and butter beans (love!), I could not resist a side of fried pickles. DSC_0529 (960x640)

Believe it or not, their fried pickles were just as good as Midtown’s, which are my very favorite! The pickles tasted very similar to Charleston Pickle Company’s pickles.

Matt had a very traditional southern meal: fried chicken, macaroni & cheese, fried eggplant, and butter beans. His poor arteries.

DSC_0530 (960x640)

I wasn’t in love with this restaurant, but mostly because it’s not my favorite cuisine. The service was excellent though! We were checked on multiple times by the very friendly staff. I also love that they had fresh homemade pies. The sign out front makes me laugh too, “Y’all come!” Oh, South Carolina.DSC_0532 (960x640)

See Wee on Urbanspoon

Our next stop was at Marshall’s to check out some home stuff. I was ecstatic to find this plastic cup. It looks just like my blog header!! Totally meant to be.

IMAG0535

I also snagged this salmon pink & grey blouse. The picture doesn’t do it justice – it’s adorable and I can’t wait for cooler weather so I can wear it. IMAG0538

Well, I’m off to a booze cruise with some friends. Matt’s trying to recreate the cocktail we had at Biggie’s, and then we’re taking the boat out to watch fireworks. 

Happy Labor Day my friends!