Mar 12, 2012

Best of Charleston Party 2012

The Best of Charleston Party is by far one of the best parties of the year. Being surrounded with all of Charleston’s winners  = tons of fun. This year’s party was held at Red’s Icehouse with a rainbows and unicorn theme.

(via)

Charleston City Paper dubbed it as “The Horniest Party of the Year.” Keeping it classy.DSC00216

As my plus 1, I took my best friend Nancy. Elizabeth came with us, as she works for the S.C. aquarium, which won Best Attraction.DSC00233

We saw lots of friends there, but also made met some really great people. It’s called the “Best of Charleston” for a reason!

The lovely Danielle was also there. She teaches at Pure Barre Charleston. Go to one of her classes. You will love it!DSC00222

As the managing partner for The Becket Agency who represents Mellow Mushroom, Boomer was also there. Mellow Mushroom won the award for Best Gourmet Pizza.DSC00229

DJ Moo Moo won Best DJ for a second year. This year was our first anniversary of friendship, as we met at the 2011 party. DSC00220

Elizabeth and I found our friends Adam and Logan but apparently by then, none of us could stand straight. DSC00228The party was catered by many of the winning restaurants: O-Ku, Wasabi, Black Bean Company, Cru Catering, Santi’s, Five Guys Burgers, and more. There was an obnoxious amount of desserts too. DSC00217

DSC00218DSC00219

Perhaps the best part of the entire evening was the dancing. I managed to keep my shoes on the entire evening and somehow did not sprain an ankle, foot, or knee. Great success! There was also a photo booth with all sorts of props – rainbows, unicorns, and feather boas. I’d be lying if I told you I didn’t bring my own toys. Nancy, Danielle, Elizabeth and I all walked around with glow sticks. Don’t worry, once the photo booth pictures are shared on the CCP site, I will share them with you!

Again, thank you for your vote and the congratulations! Cheers to a second year!