Mar 28, 2012

The Most Disgusting Blog Post I’ve Ever Written

As a food blogger, it should come as no surprise that I daydream about food. It will surprise you, though, that I often daydream about food that I cannot have. And by cannot, I mean should not ever. I see so many blog posts called “What I Ate Wednesday” but thought I’d twist that idea into something rather, well, disgusting.

Welcome to the inside of my (crazy) head. Here’s what I secretly would eat if nutrition wasn’t a concern.

1. Chef Boyardee Spaghetti & Meatballs.  I know. You just gagged, didn’t you? Growing up, I spent most weekends at my Grammy’s house. When we’d go grocery shopping, I always picked up a can of these. Ugh. 

2. Lucky Charms

And no, I wouldn’t just pick out the marshmallows. I love it all.

3. Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream

This is one of their best flavors. It’s a “collision of Chocolate & Vanilla Ice Creams with HEATH® Bar Chunks, White Chocolatey Chunks, Peanut Butter Cups & Chocolatey-Covered Almonds.” Cruel, just cruel.

4. Hawaiian Sweet Maui Onion potato chipsThese things are so freaking good. You can find them at World Market.

5. Dunkaroos!

Remember when I found these at Wal-Mart last fall? Yeah, I almost peed my pants out of excitement. They were only $2 to boot.

6. Oatmeal Crème Pies and Cosmic Brownies by Little Debbie

These two are just shameful. In high school, Nancy and I would destroy a box of Cosmic Brownies. They’re so fudgey.

7. Ellio’s Pepperoni Pizza

I also ate this as a child. Something about the rectangular shape excites me.

8. Curly Fries…especially if they’re spicy.

Do I just love these for the curl? When I did eat these, I remember getting oh so excited for the ones that were super long. And of course I loved them because I could drown them in ketchup.

9. Cadbury Mini Eggs

Besides peanut and pretzel m&ms, this is my favorite candy. It’s not even quality chocolate but I love the taste of the candy shell. Plus, they make me happy because they’re pastel.

10. and my very favorite, Funfetti cake!!!

Well guys, now that I’ve disgusted you,  it’s time for me to go and eat my kale.

Sigh.

What would YOU eat if the nutrition/ingredients didn’t matter? Be honest! You know you want some boxed cake too.

Do you ever indulge in these taboo foods?