Mar 4, 2012

Wine and Food, Wine and Food.

This weekend was full of wine and food. So much wine and food.

Friday evening, my best friend Nancy came over for some girl time. She and I have been friends since we were 13 and though we don’t get to hang out as often as I’d like, we’ve remained very close over the years! She’s my future maid of honor, whether she likes it or not. We spent the evening catching up with a fun bottle of wine. Sassy white? Perfect for us.

We also stopped by the new(ish) froyo place, Yobe..My friends Danielle and Angela rave about their froyo, so when Groupon offered a $10 for $5 deal, I immediately bought two. I had four different flavors: taro, vanilla, red velvet, and strawberry. Red velvet was so nasty but the vanilla and taro were great! Yobe’s frozen yogurt is different – it’s more icy than creamy. The good news is that it’s all-natural, non-fat, and about 25 calories per ounce. Thanks for the rec ladies!

Saturday was spent running errands all day. And by errands I mean shopping. I only finished with lotion, chap stick, and lip gloss. Darn.

Saturday evening was much more successful. Boomer invited me to the Charleston Wine and Food Festival After Hours Party at the bus shed. Next year, if I attend any of the events, it will definitely be this one. IMAG1871

Thank you, Sarah, for photobombing that picture.

By far, the most delicious thing I ate was a peanut butter & jelly cannoli. It was an emotional experience.DSC00199

Aside from the food and wine, there were break dancers and drum roll….hula hoopers!IMAG1876

And some circus freaks. Boomer realllllly wanted to take a picture with these people for some reason. He must secretly want to be one. IMAG1873

After the after party (that sounds bad, but I swear it was over at midnight), Sarah, Danielle, and I went to Oku and danced like crazy people. 530368098

Sunday was Wine and Food Festival Round 2 at the tasting tents. Trish was sampling some of her incredible wines from Vidalco Wine and offered me extra tickets. So generous of her! Thanks love!

Rachel and I spent an hour and a half gorging ourselves with treats and enjoying the sunshine. The weather was great, but so windy, as you can tell by our wild hair.AnK5S_ICIAEgUD7

I wish I had more photos to share with you, but it’s difficult holding a purse, plate of food, goodie bag, and glass of wine. Priorities people.

Highlights: Bourbon chocolate:DSC00201

Carrot cake:

Mini goat cheese ice cream cones:DSC00205

and wine from Josh’s company, Spanish Vines. Remember Josh from our Pour Favor wine launch party back in November? Sadly, he did not attend the event this year.  Josh, I better see you in 2013…or the next I’m in NYC!DSC00209

For the record, I’m eating only vegetables for the next week.

Kidding.

Maybe.

XO!