May 25, 2011

CSA Week #6 and Bridesmaids

Today I picked up my 6th box of fresh produce from my CSA with Pinckney’s. I was so excited to pick this box up as this week’s list of goodies was huge!

That’s Lucy and her laptop in the background – pervin’ on my veggies! DSC_3016 (1280x853)

In this box:

  • Beets
  • Butter Crunch Lettuce
  • Carrots
  • Collards
  • New Potatoes
  • Onions 
  • Pattypan squash
  • Pickling cumbers – heck YES
  • Rutabagas
  • Swiss Chard  
  • Turnips
  • Yellow Squash
  • Zucchini

This was by far the best box yet! How adorable is the pattypan squash! (far right corner) I’m pumped about getting beets again and oh my gosh, I have soooo many potatoes. Someone needs to come over and mash with me!!

The first thing I noticed in this box was this peculiar looking carrot. When I pulled it out, this is what I found: SIAMESE CARROTS!!! IMG-20110524-00268

After picking up my CSA box, Lucy and I met Sarah at Cinebarre. After meeting on Sunday, we planned on seeing Bridesmaids. I think every single one of my friends (besides Lucy and Sarah) had already seen it. They have all been raving about how funny it was, so I was dying to go. It was freaking HILARIOUS! Watch the trailer, please, just do it!

While in the theatre, I got an email from another blog friend, Caroline, who was in another room watching Something Remembered. Caroline must have been thinking about my previous visit to Cinebarre when I ordered frickles (otherwise known as Big Lebowskies at Cinebarre).

She wrote: “I was ordering a diet coke, but evidently I got too excited about frickles! Diet frickles might be cool. But not a small!!!!” Oopsies!photo

So, Caroline…did they serve you Diet Lebowskies? Ha! I hope you got your order fixed! Smile

Are you married? How many times have you been a bridesmaid? I’ve been a bridesmaid three times and I have a feeling I’ll be one a few more times.

Happy Wednesday everyone! We’re so close to a 3-day weekend!!

XO!