Jan 26, 2011

When Life Hands You Lemons…

…you make blueberry banana muffins…

at 5 am…

…because you’ve been laid off.

True story.

Who lays off a cripple? On a serious note, the company for which I was working  had been struggling financially for a while. Thankfully this was not a reflection on my performance and I will be able to use the company as a reference. As it was not entirely a shock to me, I truly see this as a hump in the road on my journey to something that I am more passionate about. I am excited for my future and will be using this as motivation to find my true calling.

On to the muffins! I may be a little bit too excited about having all this free time with which I can bake, bake, and bake some more. I might even work out. Just kidding. I will equally divide my time between baking and exercise, preventing any unnecessary weight gain. I’ll try to find a new job, too. ;)
Lea blogged about Blueberry Banana Muffins on Monday, and I knew I had to make them immediately. DSC_2162DSC_2161These muffins are perfect! They are delicately sweet but have lots of texture due to the one swap I made: rolled oats instead of oat bran. The tart blueberries balance out the mellow hint of banana for a breakfast treat that is sure to make your morning!DSC_2155And now for a chuckle…take a look at the fortune cookie I received with my pad Thai the night I hurt my foot dancing.DSC_2175
Coincidence, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment