Jan 23, 2011

I Am Not Your Most Stable Friend. I Am Your Clumsiest Friend.

Before going out for Trista’s birthday on Friday night, I jokingly sent this picture message to TJ and Tyler.
“Accident waiting to happen?”IMG00297-20110121-1841
Tyler’s response: “Yes, but totally worth it.
TJ’s response: “Christastrophe.”
What I didn’t realize is that this picture message was an omen for the evening. Silas and I went to Trista’s party, then to Midtown, then to Trio to dance. Obviously I haven’t finished reading Classy.
Fast forward several hours later…I woke up in the middle of the night freaking out. I thought my foot was broken. I could not walk on it, or put any pressure on it for that matter. It was awful. I took an Aleve and tried to go back to sleep. When I woke up in the morning, it felt even worse, so I texted my old roommate/nursing student Diana. She graciously offered to take me to the urgent care clinic to get an x-ray.
Right around the corner from us is Nason Medical Center. This place is awesome. The entire staff was very friendly and made sure we were comfortable and happy throughout our entire visit. After doing paperwork, Diana and I noticed a refreshment area with complimentary beverages and snacks. Cha ching! IMG00303-20110122-1500IMAG0085IMG00304-20110122-1608
Once we were called back, they took my vitals. My blood pressure was 140/70. Um, yeah, I was in pain. Just a few minutes later, Dr. Schwartzberg arrived. A Jewish doctor – everything was going to be fine. I told him I had been dancing like a tramp but spared him the details of keg beer and tequila. Then they took an x-ray to make sure no bones were broken.

footfoot2
No broken bones! Apparently it was just a really bad strain and I needed a fiberglass foot brace, pain meds, and crutches. Hottest I’ve ever been.trashmess

After the visit, Diana brought me to Publix to fill my prescription and get food/goodies because I wouldn’t be driving anytime soon. Wine was definitely purchased. We had a blast roaming around Publix in this hot motorized vehicle. It even made an obnoxious beeping noise while in reverse. klutz
That evening, Diana came back over for a fire, wine, m&ms, and a movie. We watched my doppelganger in Letters to Juliet – cute, but super cheesy. I am so thankful for having such a sweet friend take care of me all day. Thank you, Diana – love love love you!

I have iced my foot several times, kept it elevated, and am hobbling around in crutches. I feel like such a goof, but am so happy that I didn’t break any bones. I think I am more upset about not going to the gym! Today I am going to decorate my crutches with ribbons, stickers, and maybe even bedazzle it. Gotta make the best of life’s accidents! Smile


What’s the worst injury you’ve ever had? What did you do during recovery?

No comments:

Post a Comment