Mar 29, 2011

Hummingbird Cake Smoothie

…in a bowl. DSC_2617 (1280x887)

Inspired by Stefanie, who posted about a Carrot Cake smoothie last Tuesday, I woke up this morning wanting cake. Alas, cake is inappropriate for a Tuesday morning breakfast, unless of course, you make it in smoothie form with plenty of milk, fruit, and protein powder.

Hummingbird Cake Smoothie

  • 1 sliced, frozen banana
  • 1/2 cup frozen pineapple chunks
  • 1/3 cup light vanilla soy milk
  • 1 rounded scoop vanilla protein powder
  • walnuts, for topping
  • cinnamon, to taste

Process in blender or food processor until smooth and creamy.

This has the flavor of cake and the texture of ice cream – how can your day go wrong when you start it out with this!?DSC_2610 (1280x864)

image

What’s your favorite cake? What are your favorite smoothie ingredients?

. . .

Last night I went to my friend Noah’s house to help him pick out an outfit for a first date he’s going on tonight. We picked out his clothes, a restaurant, and a time. I’d love to tell you his whereabouts, but he’s too cute and you guys might want to go crash his date. We talked about all the must-dos (pick her up, open doors, ask her what she wants to drink) and the no-no conversation topics. Noah was about to tell her how last week he picked up some deodorant and when he got home there was a black hair on it. I told him to not tell her that story over dinner.

. . .

Lastly, Britney Spears’ new c.d., Femme Fatale, came out today!

I pre-ordered it so it immediately started downloading when I turned on my computer today. I’m listening to it now, and so far it’s very clubby. Not sure how much I’ll like playing this in the kitchen, but it will be great for the gym. I’m currently loving the songs Selfish, I Wanna Go and Inside Out. Any Britney fans out there?