Mar 31, 2011

I Love Lucy!

My roommate!

Over the past two months that I’ve been funemployed, I’ve gotten to spend a lot more time with my incredibly awesome roommate. We’ve become so much closer and am so grateful that she entered my life. We were fortunate enough to be two sane people who met over the internet. I’ve actually been really lucky with my internet friends (Hi Ben, XX!).

Lucy is the yin to my yang. She is calm, soothing, an excellent listener and advice giver and so sweet. And she is gorgeous! imageWe are also very similar in some ways: we both gag at romantic movies and love healthy food, hula hoops, dirty rap music, hot men, neon colors, lip gloss, working out,  and Bethenny Frankel. DSC_2257A typical day off for us includes wearing bummy clothes, getting coffee, spending too much $ at Target, scoping out men at Whole Foods, then working out.

Lucy claims that before she lived with me she didn’t bake much. She’s been watching me and has been inspired to start baking too. Tonight, after juicing an apple, she wondered if there was anything she could do with the leftover apple pulp. All on her own, she researched and found a recipe for Carrot Apple Ginger Tea Cakes. She got everything together and successfully made them. I was so proud!DSC_2565 (1280x789)

Aren’t they cute? She topped them with extra brown sugar to make them sweeter.DSC_2569 (1280x853)

Being that she is vegan, I had always assumed her dessert options were so limited. Wrong! I pointed her in the direction of the blogs SpaBettie, by Kristina, and Healthy Diva Eats, by Katie. Any other blogs/sites with vegan recipes would be greatly appreciated by us both! Send ‘em over! :)

Today at the gym, Lucy was admiring a pair of Nikes a guy was wearing. We went over to ask him what style they were, and she actually said, “I’ve been perving on your sneakers. What are they?” Perving. And that is why I love her!