Mar 1, 2011

Peanut Butter Banana Bread / Photo Day #9

Photo Day #9 - A picture of the person who has gotten you through the most. Auntie Kelly! There was no question as to whom I would choose for this photo day. More like a mother than an aunt, Kelly has been there for it all. I cannot express how grateful I am for her, especially over the past few years. She is a wonderful listener, gives gently honest advice, and is always up for a glass of wine!28330_1222651221098_1673515843_435294_7897200_nShe’s also the mother to two of my beautiful cousins, Gabrielle and Zachary.image

It’s kind of funny that we’re holding bananas in that picture, because I made peanut butter banana bread tonight. Actually, I made the batter, ate 1/8th of it raw, then baked the rest. My stomach hurts but I’m going to blame the veggie overdose at dinner.

Peanut Butter Banana Bread

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2  cups mashed banana
  • 1/2  cup  plain fat-free Greek yogurt
  • 1/3  cup  creamy peanut butter
  • 1 tbsp. canola oil 
  • 2  large eggs
  • 1/4  cup  granulated sugar
  • 1/4  cup  packed brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/4  cup  ground flaxseed
  • 3/4  tsp. baking soda
  • 3/4 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/2  teaspoon  salt

Preparation:

  1. Preheat oven to 350*.
  2. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl and beat with a mixer at medium speed. Add both sugars and beat until combined.
  3. In a separate bowl, combine flour and remaining ingredients. Add flour mixture to banana mixture and beat just until blended. Pour batter into a loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 1 hour until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes in pan. Remove bread from pan; cool.

I wouldn’t describe myself as an impatient person, but when baking, all patience flies out the window. I just get restless waiting to see if I’ve created a masterpiece or a x-tastrophe. (Xtina + catastrophe, yeah, go with it.)

I cleaned for 12 minutes. Boring.

I whitened my teeth.

I realized that it was stupid to whiten my teeth right before eating.

I stalked people on facebook.

I banged my knee into the coffee table so hard that I heard it before I felt it. How is that possible?

I have 21 minutes left.

Now I’m gchatting with Tyler.

I just peeked into the oven (without opening the door!) and realized that my bread is rather large. It’s starting to look like a creature.

14 minutes left.

Three people today told me they liked my top. I was wearing it as a dress. Shit.

Has anyone seen Proactiv in vending machines? Because I did today. What’s next, MEN in vending machines? I’ll bang up against that so I can get an extra.

WHERE IS MY HEAD!?

The bread is done.

I told you it looked like a creature.DSC_2480A really tasty creature. I just licked this knife. Do you see why I constantly hurt myself?DSC_2482Who’s coming over for bread?DSC_2485