Mar 28, 2011

Sweet & Summery Chicken Salad

Despite the fact that it’s 46* and raining here in Charleston, I was feeling Summery. Maybe because I was just at the pool last weekend? There were a bit too many Coor’s lights and Peeps this weekend so I together an easy chicken salad with some ingredients I found in my kitchen. It came together quite nicely…and Summery.

Sweet & Summery Chicken Salad, serves 2

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup shredded, cooked chicken (6 oz.)
  • 1/2 cup pineapple tidbits
  • 1/2 cup shredded carrots
  • 1/4 cup walnut pieces
  • 2 tbsp. plain Greek yogurt (I love you, Fage!)
  • 1 tbsp. honey
  • 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
  • 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
  • s&p to taste

Directions:

  1. In a medium bowl, toss together chicken, pineapple, carrots, and walnuts.
  2. Add Greek yogurt, honey, mustard, cinnamon, and salt & pepper. Mix well. Serve atop a bed of lettuce or in a pita. DSC_2577 (1280x884)

The Guzzini bowl and silverware pictured above were purchases from Eataly in NYC. This is my most recent green obsession purchase. The amount of green objects I have is obnoxious.

- my laptopIMG_3232

-my Blackberry cover (Matt was creeping on my text messages.)

- my Camelbak

- kitchen bowlsimage

- one of my bedroom walls image

-Longchamp bag

- mittens

– blanketsDSC_2602 (1280x853)

- dumbbells DSC_2601 (1280x853)

–kitchen utensilsDSC_2604 (1280x853)

- and the unnecessary collection of Menchie’s spoonsDSC_2598 (1280x853)

I think everyone has an affinity for a particular color, but I probably need an intervention.  Yesterday when I was at Menchie’s, I noticed they now have hot pink spoons! I immediately texted Lucy, knowing she’d be psyched. She replied, “No freaking way! Take their spoon supplies!!!!!!! It’s you and me in spoons!”

Obviously I asked the girl at the counter if I could buy some. She smiled, handed me a bowl and said “Here. Have a nice day!”spoons

SCORE!! But now Lucy and I are wondering what the heck we’ll do with 60 pink spoons.

What is YOUR color?